Managing Small-Scale Fisheries by Fikret Berkes download in iPad, ePub, pdf
Kachornsak of the Department of Fisheries in Thailand, and Mr. Principles of sustainable use and precautionary approaches, now embodied in the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea and related fisheries agreements, are not new. Such findings have helped emphasize that resource managers can deal with users as part of the solution rather than part of the problem.
This incapacity may be caused by their use of conventional fisheries management methods that were developed in the north and do not suit small-scale fisheries. Precautionary measures are those used to reduce risk in the face of uncertainty. Economic measures used in managing fisheries include taxes and quotas.
Artisanal and subsistence fisheries are seldom well documented, even when they occur side-by-side with large-scale commercial fisheries. The manager of small-scale fisheries can no longer ignore environmental movements, biodiversity issues, eco-labeling, and international codes of conduct. In turn, social scientists are broadening their models to include the environment.
Provided that a healthy state can be determined or inferred, management should strive to generate and maintain such a state in a given ecosystem. Small-scale fisheries tend to predominate in tropical, less-developed areas, where fisheries and environmental management capacity may be poorly developed or even non-existent. There is, for example, broader emphasis on ecosystem management and participatory decision-making.
- Emily Post's Manners in a Digital World
- Rereading Modernism
- Anatomie und Physiologie der Capillaren
- Terrified Part 2 of 3
- Your Pregnancy, Your Way
- Primary History Curriculum Guide
- The Vineyard of Liberty, 1787–1863
- Geoenergy Modeling II
- Martha Gellhorn
- Oncofertility Communication
- Humanitarian Supply Management and Logistics in the Health Sector
- Policy Frames on Spousal Migration in Germany
- Harlequin Romantic Suspense June 2015 Box Set
- Grains of Truth
- Million Dollar Habits
- New Perspectives on Resilience in Socio-Economic Spheres
- Plastic Additives
- How to Pass Higher Computing Science for CfE